Any student wishing to transfer to Philadelphia University and compete in intercollegiate athletics must satisfy all NCAA academic and transfer regulations. For more information please visit:
2016-17 Guide for Four Year College Transfers
2016-17 Guide for Two Year College Transfers
TRANSFER STUDENTS FROM A TWO-YEAR COLLEGE:
Any student who transfers from a two-year college to Philadelphia University must complete an academic year in residence unless certain criteria are met. A two-year college transfer may become immediately eligible for practice, competition, travel and financial aid if:
- The student has graduated from the two-year college; or
- The student has attended the two-year college for at least two full-time semesters;
- The student transfers in a minimum of 12 credits for every semester of full-time enrollment at any collegiate institution and;
- Has a minimum 2.0 GPA in all courses that would have been transferable;
- Pass a minimum of 6 credits during the last regular semester (Fall or Spring) of full-time enrollment
- Be certified as an amateur by the NCAA Eligibility Center
TRANSFER STUDENTS FROM A FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE:
Any student who transfers from a four-year college to Philadelphia University must complete an academic year of residence before being eligible for athletics participation, unless the PSA meets certain exceptions.
CACC TRANSFER POLICY:
Philadelphia University is a member of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Athletic Conference (CACC). In addition to following NCAA rules and regulations, Philadelphia University must also abide by all conference rules. Visit the link to review the intra-conference transfer policy, effective for all student-athletes who transfer on or afterJune 1, 2011: CACC Intra-Conference Transfer Policy
Prior to contacting any member of our athletic department, ALL transfers must have a written release from the athletic department at your current institution, giving us permission to speak with you regarding your transfer.
If you are a current Philadelphia University student-athlete contemplating transferring to another institution, please contact your coach prior to requesting a release from the athletic department.
For exceptions to the transfer rules and additional questions, please contact: Rose Kelly, Associate Director of Athletics/SWA